Dear members, associates and friends of the SHSOV,
We would like to announce the inaugural SHSOV PhD Thesis Award, eligible to recent Victorian PhD graduates in the Sexual Health field from the past 3 years.
1. The nominee has been awarded a doctorate (e.g. PhD, DrPH) within the last 3 years (i.e. between 1 January 2019 and 31 December 2021).
2. The nominee must complete a doctorate at a Victorian education institution in Australia.
3. The nominee has not been a previous recipient of this award.
4. The nominee agrees to give a 5-minute presentation at the 2022 SHSOV Annual General Meeting if they were awarded (13th April 2022).
5. Nominees can self-nominate or be nominated by their supervisor, colleague or any member of the public.
· Originality, novelty and impact of the research
· Quality of the PhD thesis or publications
· Potential translation into changes in health policy, public health, clinical practice or commercialisation
Required Application Documents:
1. Completed and signed application form (please see attached)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. A copy of a doctoral testamur or conferral letter
4. One signed letter of support – the letter should be no longer than one page
One winner will be awarded each year. The winner will receive a certificate and a free SHSOV membership for 12 months. The winner will be announced at the 2022 SHSOV Annual General Meeting.
All applications must be submitted to SHSOV email@example.com by 5pm on the 18th of March, 2022 (Friday) with the subject line “2022 Best PhD Thesis Award”.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered, including those missing required documents.